Pastagem em floresta na Hungria
Descrição do sistema
Pastagens em floresta foram em tempos comuns na Hungria, mas encontram-se em declínio, com uma área actual de cerca de 5.500 ha. O pastoreio tradicional ainda ocorre em algumas das pastagens restantes, mas esta prática está ameaçada. Aumentar o reconhecimento formal do valor cultural e ecológico da madeira de pastagens cria algumas novas oportunidades.
Reunião de stakeholders inicial
Se você gostaria de saber mais sobre a actividade deste grupo, entre em contato com o Dr. Andrea Vityi (email@example.com).
Faça download do relatório inicial de stakeholders
Faça download do protocolo inicial de pesquisa e desenvolvimento
Download the system description
A system description describing the wood pastures at Tűzkövesbörc and Bogyiszlói in Hungary was produced in November 2015.
Anna Varga and Andrea Vityi have produced a lessons learnt report based on their participative research on wood pastures in Hungary. Some of the outputs are:
- A review of literature highlighted that wood pastures and illegal forest grazing were the main forms of silvopastoral agroforestry in Hungary. There is some outdoor pig production with trees, acorn feeding of cattle, and wild fruit production.
- There are about 33 000 hectares of wood pasture in Hungary.
- Best practices for renewing wood pasture were studied at two sites in the counties of Veszprém and Tolna. The most appropriate practices depend on the history of land management, the environment, and the climate.
- The second half of the report explains how awareness can be increased through the branding of products and through education. The report explains how agroforestry has been incorporated into the curricula of a Hungarian primary school.
- With support of AGFORWARD researchers, Hungarian law was changed in September 2017 to enable grazing, where beneficial, in non-native forests.