29 November 2017
You are invited to a meeting at the European Parliament, hosted by Paul Brannen MEP, to hear and discuss how Agroforestry and European Research are boosting the revenues and resilience of Europe’s farmers.
The meeting starts with presentations on the results of the AGFORWARD research project including the launch of the AGFORWARD folder of innovation and best practice leaflets.
A panel will then discuss how we can mainstream agroforestry in Europe. The invited panel includes:
- Clara Aguilera Garcia MEP (Vice Chair, Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, European Parliament),
- Olivier De Schutter (Co-chair of the International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems),
- Valentin Opfermann (Policy Advisor on Agricultural and Environmental Research and Environmental Issues at COPA-COGECA),
- Mauro Poinelli (Head of Unit Environment, Forestry and Climate Change, DG AGRI, European Commission), and
- Patrick Worms (Senior Science Policy Adviser at the World Agroforestry Centre).
There will be a time for questions and the meeting will be followed by a drinks reception and an opportunity for networking.
If you wish to join this important event, you will need to register by Monday 20 November 2017 on the following site: www.agforward.eu/register
We look forward to seeing you in Brussels
A poster and a programme for the event is attached.